Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We always follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We want to update you on some of the changes we have made to protect our patients and team and what you can expect when you come in for your next appointment:
Before your appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you to review new protocol and screening questions. Please be sure to contact the office if you receive a text or email reminder and have not done the screening questions.
- Our office schedule has been modified to reduce the number of patients in the office at the same time and to allow for social distancing.
- If you wish to make over-the-phone payment arrangements instead of checking out after your visit, please notify our team.
- Please see the important information regarding the rescheduling of appointments below
Day of your appointment:
- Our waiting room is closed. Please call the office to “check-in” to your appointment when you arrive – (706) 543-3629
- We ask that only patients enter the building at this time. If a parent or caregiver is needed for the appointment, please notify the office for special arrangements.
- Your temperature will be taken and screening questions reviewed before entering the office (our team will complete this prior to entering the office each morning as well!)
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and escorted directly to your treatment room (which is always disinfected and prepared especially for your appointment)
- Front desk, restrooms, and door handles will be disinfected after every use
- Treatment rooms are always disinfected and all materials used during your appointment have always been disposable, sterilized or disinfected as appropriate. In addition to this standard of care, we have implemented the following as needed:
- Medical grade air purification and filtration for virus particles
- HEPA filters in heating and air system
- The use of aerosol reduction extraoral suction units
- Doors or barriers to close all operatories
- Penetrexx biostatic surface treatment
Our team is working hard to reschedule our patients. This will be an ongoing process since patient appointments for routine cleanings and check ups are scheduled months in advance. Know that we are making EVERY EFFORT to see all patients in a timely manner, but we ask for your understanding and flexibility as we are having to manage new scheduling times and an overall reduction in the number of daily appointments in order to follow along with CDC guidelines.
- Your appointment may take longer than previously due to new protocols
- You may see a different team member for your routine cleaning
- If you get a message from us, please call us back or you may sacrifice your appointment time
- It is imperative that we speak with you to go over the screening questions and to confirm or adjust your appointment time
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment for any reason, please give us at least 24 hours notice
- Because of the number of appointments missed while the office was closed, every scheduled appointment holds significant weight for not only you but another patient who may need to be seen. Broken appointments for any reason other than illness will not be able to be rescheduled in a timely manner.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns!
Thank you for being our patient. We have missed seeing you and we value your trust and patience during this time. As always, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality care.